Champagne Taittinger’s origins date back to 1734 with the founding of the original House by Jacques Fourneaux.
The Taittinger link was established in the early 1930s when Pierre Taittinger acquired the House. Pierre had spent much time in the Champagne region when serving in the 1st World War. He was stationed at the Chateau de la Marquetterie, fell in love with the remarkable property and eventually purchased the company.
Today, the Reims based House remains owned and actively managed by the family.